2008 LAWN and GARDEN TRACTOR PULL RULES and REGULATIONS
Promoted by: ACTON AGRICULTURE SOCIETY
Lawn and Garden Tractor
Modified Garden Tractors
Open Modified ( No Automobile Engines, 4cyl, 6cyl, V6 or V8 are allowed)
Alcohol Single Cylinder
- ALL TRACTORS MUST WEIGHT IN AND OUT. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN DESQUALIFICATION.
- Helmets are to be worn. This is mandatory for all classes all drivers, due to insurance reasons.
- A drivers meeting will be held before each pull. This is mandatory for all drivers. If you do not attend the meeting you will not be able to pull.
- All Tractors must have Wheelie Bars.
- Driver may be entered 2 sections – ex. 1&3, 2&3. ( 2 Stock or 2 Modified, Not 1 Stock and 1 Modified)
- No one is allowed on track except for officials and drivers.
- All tractors must be operated in a safe manner.
- Each hook begins with a tight chain and green flag.
- Drivers must be seated during pull, no passengers allowed.
- WATCH THE FLAGMAN. All tractors must stop immediately upon signal from track official. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- A pull shall be considered completed when forward motion of load stops.
- Tractors that go out of bounds will stop when red flagged and measurement will be taken at that point.
- Absolutely no drinking at the track.
- No dual tires, no chains.
- Arguing with any track official will result in disqualification. Any track official has the right to disqualify a driver and the ruling will be final. Please submit any grievances in writing to the Acton Agriculture Society.
- All stock tractors must be 3800 RPM or less. Governor must be hooked up and operational. This may not be checked at every pull. We will check this randomly.
- All Modified and Alcohol Tractors must have a visible assessable and operational kill switch. This will be MANDITORY for the 2009 season. Let get prepared.
- Condition of the driver and vehicle eligibility will be the decision of the track officials
- Arguing with any track official will result is disqualification. All decisions made by any track officials are final. Grievances are to be submitted in writing to the Acton Agriculture Society. Lawn and Garden Tractor Pull, PO Box 59, Acton Ontartio, L7J 2M2
- All Drivers must sign a waiver. A parent or legal guardian must sign for drivers under the age of 16.
- All drivers must wear long pants and closed in shoes (no sandals).
- Drivers must be 8 years old or older and accompanied by an adult walking beside the clutch side of the tractor.
- During hitching and unhitching, the tractor must be in neutral with both hands visible to the judge.
- First puller in each class may re-pull in the 3rd position of the official pull, if the puller decides to re-pull his first pull does not count.
- If the puller lets off the throttle or has a minor breakage before going 50 ft, the puller will be allowed a second attempt. THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE ONCE.
- If a tractor has mechanical problems and official notified, puller may drop to the last pulling spot in class and pull again. THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE ONCE IN EACH CLASS.
- Weights may be added to the tractor and must be secure.
- No weights can be positioned above or higher than the underside of the seat. (NO SITTING ON WEIGHTS)
- If any weights fall off, You will be disqualified.
- A 10 lbs weight allowance will be made.
- All Tractors must weigh in and out. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Maximum height of the drawbar is 16”. (TO THE TOP)
- A 3/8” clevis may be used providing it is attached to the draw bar.
- Must except a 3/8” Slip hook.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will result in disqualification
- Using the edge of the fender as a grasp point to obtain leaning leverage, a sturdy hand may be installed on top.
- Loss of any equipment or weights onto the track during a pull-breakage is the exception.
- A drivers meeting will be held before each pull. Mandatory for all drivers. If you do not attend the meeting you will not be able to pull.
- Any act deemed by a track official to be unsafe results in disqualification.
- Arguing with any event official will result is disqualification. Any grievance please submit in writing to the Acton Agriculture Society. Lawn and Garden Tractor Pull, PO Box 59, Acton Ontartio, L7J 2M2
- Maximum allowed weight overage is 10 lbs, weight over this maximum results in disqualification.
- Drivers must remain completely seated at all times during the pull.
Truck Pull Rules and Regulations